DWI in Austin, Texas
If You're Still Undecided About Fighting Your Texas DWI, please read the information below:
A DWI Conviction Could Cost You: I've found that most people have a serious misconception about the cost of their DWI.
They believe that pleading guilty is going to save them money over the cost of hiring an attorney and fighting the charge. Better think again.
This is a table showing the costs of a DWI conviction here in Texas.
- Cost to Tow Your Car $150.00
- Average Fine $500
- Community Service Hours (at Min. wage) $309
- Probation Fees $1,488.00
- License Reinstatement Fee $125
- Add These Probable Additional Costs
- Alcohol Education Classes $135
- Auto Insurance Increase Varies *
- Minimum DWI Surcharge: $3,000
In addition, you need to seriously keep possible jail time in mind. For a first offense, you probably won't get any jail time. But if you ever get arrested and convicted for a 2nd DWI offense, you're looking at mandatory jail time of 3 to 30 days.
Not too pleasant a picture, is it?
On the other hand, if you fight and are successful in keeping a DWI conviction off your record, you can avoid these charges, plus the raise in your insurance rates.
So let me ask you quite simply . . . can you afford not to fight the charge?
Because, you see, even without attorney costs, you're still looking at up to a minimum of $5,206.14 in non-attorney costs. And you'll always have the DWI conviction on your record. And this could seriously hurt you now and in the future.
* does not include the gouging you will get from your insurance company when it is time to renew your policy, and that is if they don’t cancel your policy all together.Contact Ken Gibson today for a FREE case evaluation.
* The DWI Surcharge could be as high as $6,000.00, depending on the facts of your case.